Chemical and Materials Theorist.
Alfred P. Sloan Graduate Fellow (2020)
B.S.Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) (2020)
I am a PhD student in Theoretical and Computational Chemistry at UC San Diego in the lab of Professor Francesco Paesani as an Alfred P. Sloan Fellow.
During my doctoral studies, I will work on the development, implementation and application of many-body models for quantum dynamics in gas and condensed phases. I will also continue to work actively in quantum-mechanical materials modeling.
Methods I am interested in:
- Many-Body Molecular Dynamics
- Density Functional Theory
- Tight Binding and effective Hamiltonian models
Materials I am interested in:
- Quantum Materials (e.g. 2D magnets, superconductors, Topological materials)
- Semiconductors and mixed conductors (ionic)
- vdW heterostructures
- Compounds with super heavy elements, e.g. Lanthanides and Actninides